Evolve Money Privacy Statement
Last revised: April 20, 2015
PreCash, Inc, our affiliates and subsidiaries. (“PreCash”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) value your trust and respect your expectation of privacy. This “Privacy Statement” sets forth our privacy practices and describes how we collect, store, use, disclose, and protect your information in connection with our services offered through PreCash Services, including Evolve Money (“Bill Payment Service”). You agree to our use of your information as set forth in this Privacy Statement when you access, use and register with our websites www.precash.com, and www.evolvemoney.com, or with our mobile applications, and other PreCash service and promotional offerings (collectively, the “PreCash Services” or “Services”). If you do not agree, please do not access, use, or register for PreCash Services.
Information we collect
When you choose to use PreCash Services we may automatically collect information about you that may or may not include information that is publicly available or has been provided by you during use of PreCash Services. Authorizing and making a bill payment using our Bill Payment Service may require the collection of Sensitive Authentication Data, Cardholder Data and Personally Identifiable Information. Policies on the collection, use, and storage of sensitive data and Personally Identifiable Information can be viewed here. We collect the following information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: The term “PII” is data that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
- Biller Account Information: or “Service Provider Account Information” means any information,
such as a username or password, you provide to us that enables the Service to access and log into your Biller account online to retrieve your Biller account details and/or facilitate a payment using our Bill Payment Service.
- Account Information: Basic registration information you provide when you establish a Registered or Guest User account.
- Payment Method Information: You will be required to provide your card number, expiration date,
and card verification code in order to make payments using our Bill Payment Service.
- Transaction Information: When you conduct a transaction using our Services or other third party services we collect information regarding the nature of your transaction (such as your card balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and card usage).
- Third Party Site Information: Your transaction information may come from third party service providers, joint marketers, or others.
- Technical Information. We collect information about you while you are browsing our website.
How we use the information we collect
We may disclose all of the information, as described above, as permitted by law. Examples of what is permitted by law include disclosing such information to:
- Affiliated or non-affiliated third parties if it is necessary or helpful in confirming your membership
or completing a transaction
- Secure and monitor the website for fraud and policy enforcement
- Send information to you, such as changes to our terms and conditions or policies
- Administer promotional offers to you
- Other cardholders that share your account
- Perform system audits and develop new functionalities and products
- Report to consumer reporting agencies
- Comply with legal processes such as subpoenas or court orders
- Respond to law enforcement agencies with respect to suspected or actual fraud, criminal activity or security risks
- Financial institutions or other companies that perform vendor, data analysis, or marketing services
on our behalf. We require that third parties sign agreements with us that contain confidentiality provisions.
- Pre-fill form fields within PreCash Services
- Provide bill payment and transaction history features of the Bill Payment Service
You can choose not to provide us with information we will collect when you use the Services. However, if you choose not to provide required information, then you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email from us by following the unsubscribe link in those email messages. You can opt out of receiving SMS text messages from us by replying STOP to any message or in a manner set forth in our terms and conditions.
Links to Other Web Sites
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement for any reason from time to time by posting a notice of the change (or an amended Privacy Statement) only on our websites at www.precash.com and at www.evolvemoney.com. We may send you a notice of the change of this Privacy Statement when required by applicable law. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions, but you should check our websites frequently to see the current Privacy Statement and terms and conditions that are in effect and any changes that may have been made to them. The provisions contained herein supersede all previous policies, notices or statements regarding our privacy practices that govern the use of the Services.
If you do not agree to our practices or the conditions of use, you should not use our websites or their benefits or services. You agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Privacy Statement, or any other agreement we have with you, will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas. You also agree to arbitrate such disputes in Texas, and to abide by any limitation on damages contained in any agreement we may have with you.
How to review and edit your information
In most instances, the Services allow you to access, review and edit the information you have provided to us. Otherwise, you may contact us using the information at the bottom of this statement to request access to or that we update, or correct the information collected by us. It is important that you understand that we are legally required to retain certain information for auditing and regulatory purposes, to troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our policies or comply with other legal requirements. Please note that we are not responsible for permitting you to review, or for updating or deleting information that you provide to a third party, including any app, social media platform, or wireless service provider.
We restrict access to your Personally Identifiable, Account, and Payment Method Information to our employees and agents who have a business reason to know such information (e.g., to process your transactions or provide services to you). We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your information.
We have taken diligent efforts in protecting your information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, you should understand that we are not in a position to guarantee that your information is 100% secure. There may be factors beyond our control that may result in unintentional disclosure of data. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information. Further, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of any information provided by the websites. Your use of such information is voluntary.
In the unfortunate event that your information is compromised, we will notify you by email (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last email address you have provided us.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement or you have any concern about the privacy
at PreCash or the use of our websites in general, you can contact us at:
5120 Woodway Drive
Houston, Texas 77056
Telephone: 1-801-924-1755 (toll free)
State-Specific Customer Notice Information
Disclosure to Third Parties
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
COLORADO DIVISION OF BANKING – COLORADO MONEY TRANSMITTERS ACT – CUSTOMER NOTICE
Entities other than FDIC-insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes. If there are questions or concerns regarding a transaction with a licensee, please contact the Colorado Division of Banking at (303) 894-7575 or by mail at:
Colorado Division of Banking
1560 Broadway, Suite 975
Denver, Colorado 80202
Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information:
- The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses.
- A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution.
- Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution.
- Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.
The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding PreCash money transmission services at:
Commissioner of Financial Regulation
Attention: Complaint Unit
500 North Calvert Street, Suite 402
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
If you have a complaint, first contact the consumer service division of PreCash, Inc. at 1-866-671-5867, if you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission activity, please direct your complaint to:
Texas Department of Banking
2601 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78705
Other than for our everyday business purposes, we will not share your personal information with non-affiliates or affiliates without first giving you additional privacy choices.
Do Not Track Notice